Friday, August 6, 2010

Tonight I run...



and yes I am THIS fast....again...in my dreams!


Nope, I am not particularly fast...actually not fast at all...but a finisher I am...


and tonight i am doing something I have never done before...


I am running at night in a race.


It is hotter than blue blazes, it is MS for goodness sakes! It is August and it is likely going to rain....which will help to cool things down...or just steam them up. Nevertheless...I will set a new personal record...for this race....and I have never ran it before so anything I do it a PR...


But I am putting it out there....I have never ran a 5K distance in less than 30 minutes and if I were going into this with a goal...it would be to do that. I know I can but it all depends on how things fall into place. Every person I have talked to has said that this race is rough and difficult and even that they would just not do it again....ever...which is crazy..it is only 3 miles...not a half marathon...but coming also from someone that has never ran it. It sounds easy from description...so here goes nothing. I am putting myself out there and saying...I would be tickled pink to finish it in less than 30 minutes...so as I close to the end of this race....and I check my time and my reserve...maybe having to report here...will help to push past and do better than I have before.


We shall see....either way I will be proud to finish in whatever time.


Stay tuned to find out just how I did end up doing...




for now I am just looking forward but nervous about stepping up to the front, nah scratch that...back of the pack-line and setting out to run! When you first start off it is just hard to hold yourself back because you are searching for your spot...etc....and your pace....I will be lost in my tunes and my world for what I hope is a little less than 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment