Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What do you do for christmas?

Running update....still on target with training, only just first week....but we must start somewhere....right?

So glad you asked....

My husband and I live close to both sides of our family and that means that we have lots of events and lots to do and many people to see. Which is great and fun, but at the same exact time....OVERWHELMING and exhausting. Especially since I work until Christmas Eve and normally only get Christmas Eve and Day off. So as much I love Christmas and look forward to it....can I just say...

IT WEARS ME OUT!!!

I mean seriously, all the hustle and bustle and fun parties and stuff. By the time you prepare for it, buy all the presents, wrap them, etc....you are so over it all....you just want to sit on the couch and rest! So not to be a scrooge or anything....but just keeping it real. I totally get why I mother would say...I hate Christmas. I mean, she didn't really hate it...but she was just OVER it...

But as a child you only have to be excited about your toys and all. Plus seeing your cousins and checking out all their cool toys, etc. So for the sake of being a GREAT mom! I am going to continue to try and pretend to be all sunshine and christmas bells about it!

I am excited for Santa to come and see what he brings us all....but at the same time. I just want a little slow down.

Not to mention that the winter is the time of year that my husband is free and he loves to be like a world traveler....not really but we do lots of travel in January, so that is fun too but lots to prepare for as well. So with a New Year's trip coming up, and two different conventions that he attends before the third week of January...we have lots going on.

So now that I have sort of complained and been scrooge....let me also say.


I KNOW that I am incredibly blessed and that I do count these blessings everyday and I am trying so very hard to keep that in the front of my mind.

Hope that you all have a holiday filled with too much to do, and too much to eat. Because we should only be so tortured by too much family and fun! I am humlby reminded that there are so many that do not have family and friends or the basics of life.

Thanks to all my family and friends and blessings that God provides for me!

Merry Christmas to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment